What You Should Consider Before You Build A Deck
Adding a deck to your Mooresville home is a big undertaking, but decks are worthwhile investments because they extend living spaces and offer places to relax and enjoy the outdoors. You should plan your deck thoroughly before your contractor with experience building modern sunrooms and decks begins deck construction.
Consider Your Deck's:
- Function – Just like modern sunrooms, decks can serve many purposes depending on homeowners' personal tastes and preferences. As you plan your deck's design and size, ask yourself how you'll use your deck. Consider incorporating water features such as a hot tub or pool and determine if the deck will be used as a space for dining, entertaining, or gardening.
- Location – Before you begin deck construction, you'll want to consider the size of the lot, the location's climate and weather, the amount of sunlight and shade, the level of privacy, the view from inside the home, and the lot's proximity to the house.
- Design and Size – Your preferences, budget, and location will affect the design and size of your deck. The size of your lot is an extremely important factor because it dictates what you'll be able to do with your deck and the available space. You can look to your home's architectural style for inspiration regarding the design of your deck because you'll want the deck to be cohesive with the rest of your house and property. Popular deck designs include curved decks, corner decks, and layered decks.
- Materials – Selecting a material for your deck can be difficult because you have to carefully consider each materials' price, durability, longevity, and maintenance requirements. Popular deck materials include tropical hardwoods ($12 per square foot), aluminum ($15.96 per square foot), cedar ($3.89 per square foot), pressure-treated woods ($2.35 per square foot), and redwood ($7.75 per square foot).
- Price – You can build a deck regardless of how small your budget may be. Of course, a small budget means that you'll have to keep the design simple and choose affordable materials. As you add features and increase the size of your deck, its price will increase. You should shop around to find a modern sunrooms and decks contractor that has both a reasonable rate and high-quality workmanship.
If you want to add a deck to your Mooresville home but don't know how to begin, start researching the costs of materials and construction to create a budget. Once you have an idea of how much you can spend on a deck, reach out to trusted professionals at Outdoor Living Roomzz LLC, a company with experience building modern sunrooms and decks.
What Clients Are Saying About
Outdoor Living Roomzz LLC
If you are thinking of adding a deck, patio or sunroom to your house you should definitely consider hiring Ron at Outdoor Living Roomzz LLC. He transformed our cookie cutter house and 12x12 deck into something that is amazing. Before going with Ron w [...]
Towards the end of the project we told Ron that we were frustrated with the price and quality of the outdoor furniture on the market. He suggested that he could make us some furniture. We ended up having him make 2 chairs an 8' sofa/couch, outdoor be [...]
Our Latest Projects
A custom porch and wrap around deck totally made out of cedar. OLR designed this custom porch made from all cedar products. The doors are custom made out of cedar parts. The inside wall is LP Smart L […]